What is Indian Head Massage?
Indian Head Massage is a safe, accessible and convenient therapeutic treatment based on traditional Hindu techniques involving work on the upper back, shoulders, neck, scalp and face.
A variety of massage movements are used, including application of deep kneading and compression movements. In addition, the therapist may also gently stimulate and stroke pressure points on the face.
How will Indian Head Massage help me?
Indian Head Massage provides relief from aches and pains, promotes a healthy scalp and hair, and helps induce relaxation and a feeling of well-being.
Other physical and psychological benefits include:
- General and specific relaxation of muscles, providing immediate relief.
- Fibrous adhesions (knots and nodules) can be broken down.
- Loosening of the scalp.
- Relaxation of the whole body.
- Dispersal of toxins from tense, knotted muscles.
- Improved circulation of blood and increased oxygen uptake.
- Stimulation and improvement of the circulation of the lymphatic system.
- Help in the relief of eyestrain and tension headaches.
- Excellent for disturbed sleep and insomnia.
- Help with mental tiredness and tension.
- Improved concentration.
- Relief from mental and emotional stress.
Indian Head Massage should be avoided if you have had recent surgery, or a head or neck injury, a history of thrombosis or embolism, spondylitis or spondylosis. It is particularly good for reducing the effects of stress and tension. If however you suffer from epilepsy, any kind of heart condition, cancer or osteoporosis, talk to your doctor before arranging a treatment.
Your practitioner cannot make a medical diagnosis as they are not trained to do so; always seek advice from your GP before using complementary services.
You should refrain from vigorous exercise after treatment and, ideally, give yourself a little time to rest. It is also advisable not to drink alcohol for several hours after treatment.
Indian Head Massage has very few side effects and any that do occur are usually mild and self-correcting. Please do not hesitate to contact your practitioner if you have any queries following treatment.
Your Therapist in Durham
Book your massage today
Indian Head Massage is a therapeutic treatment based on traditional Hindu techniques involving work on the upper back, shoulders, neck, scalp and face. It provides relief from aches and pains, promotes a healthy scalp and hair, and helps induce relaxation and a feeling of well-being.
Get advice from a professional