LOCATION: NIHP, The Pinnacle, Durham Road, Sacriston, DH7 6FE
PAY/HOURS: £8.40 per hour. Relief/Ad-hoc post (zero hours contract)
This is a permanent relief/ bank worker role, with hours being allocated on an ad-hoc/ as required basis. There is potential for a minimum of 6 hours which will be discussed at interview. The role involves lone working hours late afternoon and evenings up to 7.30pm. It may also include some Saturday daytime hours. A high degree of flexibility is therefore required for this post.
The role is based on front desk and previous reception experience is essential. Duties will include welcoming patients and visitors, booking appointments and managing the diaries of multiple practitioners in an electronic booking system, cash handling/ recording and general clerical/ administration duties as required.
Applicants must have experience of dealing with customers and professionals face to face, as well as dealing with enquiries from the public via telephone, face to face and email. Must be able to work on own initiative, flexibly as part of a team and have an outgoing, friendly approach.
• Meet and greet visitors and patients
• Deal with enquiries from the public via telephone, email and face to face
• Take payment for goods and services
• Promote services and products on offer
• General administrative and clerical duties
• Cash handling and managing finance sheet/ records
• Schedule appointments and manage multiple diaries manually/electronically
• Use computers for e-mail, word processing, databases and spreadsheets
• Stock control and ordering of products
Security & Safety
• Maintain the security of the facility and its contents
• Maintain health and safety standards within the facility
• Carry out basic housekeeping/ cleaning duties
• Set up and put away equipment as required
This is an outline job description designed to give an overview of the responsibilities of the post. The post-holder will be expected to be flexible to respond to changes and organisational need.
The post-holder will have access to patient/ staff personal information. This information must be kept confidential in accordance with the relevant policies and procedures. The unauthorised use or disclosure of patient or other personal information is a dismissible offence and could result in prosecution for an offence or action for civil damages under the Data Protection Act.
A DBS (CRB) Enhanced Disclosure is required. Cost will be met by the employer.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
• Administration/ Clerical qualification
• Previous public facing reception/ administration experience
• Self-motivated – able to work productively without direct supervision
• Open and friendly communicator, both face-to-face and by telephone
• IT skills, including emails, word processing and spreadsheets
• Able to deal with financial transactions accurately
• Able to follow written and verbal instructions accurately and consistently
• Confident promoting products and services to the public
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
• On-line marketing (including Social Media)
• Familiarity with WordPress/ HTML
• Familiarity with COSHH
• Current First Aid/ Fire Safety Certificate
• Customer Service Qualification
Upload your up-to-date CV in PDF only, by 5pm on Friday 13th December 2019. Sorry, only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted.