Soft Tissue Therapies
- Level 3 Sports Massage (VTCT)
- Level 4 Sports Massage (Basrat)
- PNF advanced stretching (Basrat)
- Soft tissue release (Basrat)
- Level 2 Personal Training
- BASRaT (British Association of Sports Rehabilitators)
Self-employed practitioner at NIHP Durham
Barry has been working as a massage therapist since 2016. Specialising in sports and deep tissue massage.
As a level 4 qualified practitioner, Barry is trained in advanced forms of remedial and sports massage, PNF stretching to aid range of motion and rehabilitation, and soft tissue release.
As a former international competitor in the Japanese martial art of Kendo, Barry has worked as a therapist with members of the Great Britain Kendo team, and other high level athletes.
His experience also includes working with non-sports people to reduce tension, discomfort, stiffness, and to aid in rehabilitation.
Barry is currently in his second year of a Bsc Hons degree in Sports therapy and Rehabilitation at Teeside University, working to graduate in 2021.